birdie

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Wow a new found-much greater-appreciation for my Mom.

Over the course of the last nine months I have gained a deeper and a much greater appreciation for my Mom! (and I'm sure that appreciation will continue to grow as Violet does)

I don't think that anyone can have a true understanding of what sacrifices and the kind of love that a mother has until you are one... (sorry boys but you just won't ever FULLY grasp it...until your body can be pregnant and have a baby)

My full appreciation came this last week... I'm two weeks from my due date and I was baby sitting my brother's wonderful kids, whom I love so much! When I put them down for a nap the second day I just sat and watched them and started to cry...(only just out of pure tiredness... my nephew (2) didn't sleep at all during the night so I was up with him)

I sent my mom a text that just said, "Mom...how did you do it? How were you pregnant, and still caring 24/7 for four other kids?"
She replied, "Lol, you're welcome"

Really though, Motherhood is really hard work...doubly, (yes Cort I did use "doubly") hard when you're pregnant and caring for more kids! But...if mothers didn't do what they do, who else would? I then text my mom again and said, "well, thank you for loving us enough to do all that you did." she simply said, "I love you more than that Em." Which I know she does...and always has.

I truly have an amazing mother! She worked every day of my life and took care of our home, and all five of us crazy kids. I really wonder how she didn't go absolutely nuts and leave at times. I know we weren't always the best kids...and still aren't. But she loves each of us so much. You can see it in her eyes when she talks about us... or when we're all together and she's watching us interact with each other. I know she would give her life for any and all of her kids. Her whole world revolves around us. It feels so great to know that you are loved so deeply and so intensely! There is nothing that compares to that of a mothers love for her children.

So...I guess I just want to thank you mom for everything that you've done for me...especially being the youngest. I'm sure it must not have been easy for you to raise five kids and work full time. But I know you did it because you love us...Thank you for always making us aware of the love you have for us. Thank you for being so supportive of me in all that I've done. Thank you for loving me, and for helping carry me through life for so long. Thank you for the time you've given to me!
I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment