birdie

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Funny How Things Change...

It's funny how things that used to be important to me...just don't seem so important anymore. . .
Like facebook...I used to get on facebook everyday sometimes for hours at a time (Silly I know). Now that I have this amazingly beautiful little girl to look after, facebook, and watching tv, or movies just isn't that important to me anymore.

Even sleep...as much as I LOVE to sleep...I treasure the moments that I have to spend with Violette (I am however, so grateful for Grammy-Tara, and Grandma SuAnn, and Tracy who've all watched Lettie-Mae while I've rested so that I'm functioning well enough to give her the care she needs)!

In the wee hours of the morning I get to sit and rock my little miracle and watch her smile as she dreams. We really are so blessed that she's here with us! There were so many things that could have gone wrong... things that did go wrong...and things that should have prevented her from being here today... In talking with my mom the other day she made me, if not both of us realize how truly lucky we are that she is here. I knew that Dr. Berry was worried during the delivery and I knew things weren't going well...but I didn't realize just how bad they were.
Knowing now what I do...I feel even more guilty when I get frustrated with the lack of sleep or the constant feeding, the lack of time I get to spend with my husband...and every other frustration that comes from being a new parent. I have to constantly remind myself how blessed I am that Violette is here, and that I get to experience all those things...(frustrations)... as a new mom!

I can't imagine life without her! All the things that I used to think were so important...that I've come to realize aren't... i'm okay with the fact that I can't do them! Because the time I would spend on the computer, or doing other meaningless things are now spent with my little Violette and I LOVE it.

No comments:

Post a Comment